Buffalo Cheddar Cornbread Chili Pie
This post may contain affiliate links.
Traditional cornbread chili pie is kicked up a notch in this downright delicious version of the dish made with buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese!
Say hello to the ultimate comfort food recipe! Warm flavorful chili with buffalo sauce, paired with light fluffy cornbread with cheddar cheese, what in the world could be better than that? Nothing, I tell you, nothing!
This was one of the last recipes I made in our apartment before moving into the new house. I was so excited to come home after working on the house all day to leftovers of this dish.
Who gets excited about leftovers?! Someone that has this Buffalo Cheddar Cornbread Chili Pie as leftovers, that’s who!
You can easily prep this dish over the weekend or on a weekday morning. Pop it in the fridge, then bake it in the evening for dinner.
All it takes is whipping up a little buffalo chili on the stovetop, then mixing up some cornbread to go on top. Quick bake in the oven and dinner is served!
This is definitely one of my new favorite meals! It meets all my qualifications for “favorite status”.
- It’s easy to make!
- Includes buffalo sauce (the best!)
- Includes cheese (what’s life without cheese?!)
- My mouth waters just thinking about it!
- Olive oil – or another neutral vegetable oil.
- Red onion
- Garlic – I recommend fresh minced cloves for the best flavor!
- Ground beef
- Diced green chilies
- Chili beans – canned chili beans will be found near the other canned beans at the grocery store. Do not drain the beans! The entire can should be added to the recipe.
- Buffalo sauce – Frank’s is my preferred brand, but feel free to use your favorite.
- Chili seasoning – click the link for my homemade recipe, made in just 5 minutes!
- Dry corn muffin mix
- Cheddar cheese
- Prepare the chili. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on the stove. Add diced onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute. Place the ground beef in the skillet and cook and crumble until no longer pink. Drain any grease from the skillet. Add diced green chilies, chili beans, buffalo sauce and chili seasoning. Simmer, then remove the skillet from the heat and pour the chili into a casserole dish.
- Prepare the cornbread. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry corn muffin mix, eggs, milk, buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese. Spread this mixture over the chili in the baking dish. Place the cornbread chili pie in the oven and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
More of my favorite recipes
For more recipes that meet the qualifications for my “favorite status” visit the WB Favorites page on the blog. And check out these 5 favs that are always in my monthly menu rotation!
- Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Penne
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Taco Cups
- One Pot Buffalo Taco Spaghetti
- 15 Minute Buffalo Shrimp Tacos
- Buffalo Cheesy Meatloaf
Buffalo Cheddar Cornbread Chili Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the red onion, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook 8-10 minutes, or until the ground beef is cooked through.
- Drain any grease from the skillet, then add the diced green chilies, chili beans, ½ cup buffalo sauce and chili seasoning.
- Simmer 5 minutes, then pour into the greased baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn muffin mix, eggs, milk, ¼ cup buffalo sauce and cheddar cheese.
- Spread over the chili in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven uncovered and bake for 20-25 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.