Cheesy Buffalo Turkey Grilled Flatbread
This post may contain affiliate links.
This EASY Buffalo Turkey Flatbread recipe is guaranteed to become a new favorite! Buffalo sauce, ground turkey & lots of cheese bring a ton of flavor to this simple flatbread pizza. It can easily be made on the grill or in the oven for a delicious meal!
We all know that there is nothing I love more than adding buffalo sauce to virtually anything and everything. Over the years, I’ve shared over 50 recipes with buffalo sauce on the blog. And these recipes continue to be some of the most popular!
This Cheesy Buffalo Turkey Flatbread is no exception! It’s seriously packed with flavor and always a fan favorite. You can easily make it with ground turkey, ground chicken or ground beef, depending on your preference.
While I love to toss this flatbread on the grill, it’s easy to make in the oven as well. One flatbread (or two if you’re really hungry!) is perfect for a meal. You can also slice each flatbread into quarters, then serve them as an appetizer at a party or BBQ!
This easy, cheesy recipe is made in under 45 minutes for an easy appetizer or meal anytime!
How to make Turkey Flatbread
- Sauté veggies. Add olive oil to a large skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Sauté onions, celery and garlic in the olive oil.
- Cook ground turkey. Add one pound of ground turkey to the skillet and cook through for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the cooked turkey. Add buffalo sauce and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Combine the cheeses. In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese with blue cheese dressing. Ranch dressing can be used instead of blue cheese dressing, if you’d like!
- Assemble the flatbreads. Spread the cream cheese and blue cheese dressing mixture onto four “fajita size” flour tortillas. Spoon the buffalo turkey mixture over the cheese on the tortillas. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top. If you’re not a fan of blue cheese, mozzarella cheese can be used instead.
- Grill the flatbreads. Place the flatbreads on a grill over medium heat (around 350°F). Grill for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp and golden brown.
- Quick Tip: Don’t have access to a grill? No problem! Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet. Heat oven to 350°F. Place the flatbreads in the oven for 10 minutes.
How many calories are in each turkey flatbread?
Each turkey flatbread is 571 calories.
Can I use something other than a tortilla as the base?
Absolutely! Tortillas are an easy, inexpensive option to use as the base for a flatbread recipe. This is why I selected them for this dish.
Can you reheat Cheesy Turkey Flatbread
While I tried several methods to reheat the flatbreads, unfortunately none of the methods worked that well. The cheese mixture spread directly on the tortilla means the tortilla will not get crispy again when reheated.
If you plan to only eat some of the flatbreads immediately, I would recommend storing the extra cheese mixture and buffalo turkey mixture in the refrigerator, then assembling the flatbreads each time before serving.
Since most of the work is already done, it will only take 3-4 minutes to toss these together and you’ll end up with a fresh flatbread every time. A perfectly crisp tortilla and deliciously melted cheese is exactly what we’re going for!
Can I use leftover turkey to make this flatbread?
Yes! Instead of ground turkey, you can use one pound of shredded, leftover turkey. After cooking the onions, celery and garlic, simply add the shredded turkey, salt, pepper and buffalo sauce to the skillet. Simmer for 6-8 minutes, then continue the recipe as instructed.
What to serve with Buffalo Turkey Grilled Flatbreads
- Grilled Romaine Chopped Salad – keep with the grilling theme and serve this delicious salad on the side!
- Deconstructed Mexican Street Corn – grill up some corn alongside the flatbreads to create this flavorful Mexican Street Corn!
- Quinoa Caprese Salad – this simple salad is always a great option for a scrumptious side dish!
- Deconstructed Wedge Salad – double up on blue cheese goodness with this delicious salad from my friend Elizabeth at Bowl of Delicious!
For more cheesy buffalo sauce recipes, check out these 5 favorites!
- Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Penne
- Buffalo Chicken Taco Ring
- Crock Pot Mac & Cheese with Buffalo Sauce
- Buffalo Chicken Bake
- Buffalo Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
Cheesy Buffalo Turkey Grilled Flatbread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
- 4 flour tortillas, fajita size
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and celery, sauté 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the ground turkey and cook through.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then add the buffalo sauce.
- Reduce to low and simmer 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the cream cheese and blue cheese dressing in a small bowl.
- Lay the tortillas out on a cutting board and spread the cheese mixture evenly over the tortillas.
- Spoon the buffalo turkey over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese on top.
- Place on the grill over medium heat.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes (or until the tortilla is crispy and the cheese is melted).
- Instead of grilled the flatbreads, they can also be cooked in the oven. Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet and into a preheated 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Ground chicken or ground beef can be used in place of ground turkey.
- Not a fan of blue cheese? Use ranch dressing instead of blue cheese dressing and shredded mozzarella cheese instead of crumbled blue cheese dressing.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.