Long Island Iced Coffee
This post may contain affiliate links.
This deliciously boozy Long Island Iced Coffee is every coffee lovers dream! The recipe is easy to shake up in less than 5 minutes & it’s the perfect coffee cocktail for an after-dinner drink!
Everyone that knows me, knows that I love me some coffee! You too? Then you’re going to love this long island recipe! Espresso martinis used to be my jam, but when it comes to coffee cocktails, I’m having a real moment with these Long Island Iced Coffee’s right now!
Yes, this Long Island drink is similar to the Long Island Iced Tea you’re familiar with, but with a few changes. Instead of triple sec and cola, this version features Irish cream liqueur and cold brew coffee. Yes, it’s still super boozy and yes, it’s really fun to drink!
Start your day with a cold brew coffee and end your day with a cold brew long island!
Table of contents
How to make long island iced coffee
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker with Irish cream liqueur, coffee liqueur, vodka, rum, tequila and cold brew coffee.
- Shake vigorously, then strain into a glass over ice.
Two steps is all it takes to make this delicious coffee cocktail!
How many shots are in a long island?
One half ounce of five different alcohols is added to a Long Island. A shot is 1.5 ounces, therefore a Long Island contains 1 ⅔ shots.
How to make cold brew coffee
There are a lot of easy cold brew coffee kits you can buy now to make at home. Like this one from Don Francisco’s that I’m a big fan of. You can also check out this Cold Brew Coffee Recipe from Cookie + Kate.
A third option is to purchase cold brew at a coffee shop or at the grocery store. Califia makes a great unsweetened cold brew in a bottle, which is what I used in this recipe. I found it at my local Vons grocery store with the other bottled coffee beverages near the milk section.
More cocktail recipes to try
Looking for more boozy beverages? Check out these 5 favorites!
- Lemon Berry Prosecco Sangria
- Frozen Coconut Mojito
- Grapefruit Ginger Spiced Rum Punch
- Frozen Peach Sangria
- Grilled Jalapeno Watermelon Margarita
Long Island Iced Coffee
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with 1 cup of ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass with another cup of ice.
- Cold brew coffee can be made at home or purchased pre-made at the grocery store or a coffee shop to make this recipe.
- A ½ oz is equal to 1 tablespoon, which might make measuring out the booze easier for those that have limited bar equipment.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.