One Pot Pasta Carbonara
This post may contain affiliate links.
This One Pot Pasta Carbonara recipe contains all of the traditional carbonara ingredients, made in a new, easy way, in only one pot in 30 minutes!
A couple of weeks back, Kurt and I headed over to Flour & Barley, a new San Diego restaurant just a few blocks from my condo.
While the restaurant specializes in pizza & craft beer (hence the name!), it was their Pork Belly Carbonara that really stole the show! Don’t get me wrong, the pizza & craft beers were delicious too, but I couldn’t stop thinking about that creamy, dreamy pasta dish!
I decided to head home and put my “Bond Girl Twist” on the dish by making it a one pot meal. I’ve expressed my love of One Pot Meals various times on the blog, and it mainly goes like this, one pot = less dishes = my love!
This carbonara recipe contains all of the traditional ingredients, but it’s made in a totally new way!
Carbonara is traditionally made by “cooking” raw egg in hot pasta noodles with parmesan cheese, butter and cooking water from the pasta.
Instead of mixing the raw egg into the cooked pasta, I cracked the egg on top of the cooked pasta dish and let is set. I then served it on top of the pasta, so that when the yolk is sliced into, you get all that runny, yolky goodness over the pasta.
I had to make this recipe a couple of times to get the dish that I wanted. Now that it’s perfect, I’m so excited to share it with you! I’ll definitely be putting it on my regular rotation of weeknight one pot meals!
One Pot Pasta Carbonara Ingredients
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon (chopped – app 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- ½ lb spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp chopped chives (optional topping)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional topping)
One Pot Pasta Carbonara Instructions
Add the chopped bacon to a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook until crispy, 3-4 minutes.
Add the garlic and saute 1-2 minutes.
Drain the grease from the skillet, then add the salt and pepper. Break the spaghetti noodles in half and add to the skillet. Cover with the chicken broth.
Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and mix in the parmesan cheese.
Crack the 2 eggs on top. Place the lid back on the skillet and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes.
Remove from the stove and separate the pasta onto two plates, each topped with an egg.
Top with chopped chives and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Crack the yolky goodness over the pasta.
And dig in!
Seriously, give me all the creamy, dreamy pasta goodness… with bacon!
I highly recommend adding this recipe to your weekly dinner menu, and be sure grab more One Pot Recipes on the blog for quick, easy and delicious dinners in a hurry!
Find a few fan favorites at the following links:
- One Pot Buffalo Taco Spaghetti
- One Pot Italian Sausage Shells & Cheese
- Easy One Pot Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Tortellini
- One Pot Cajun Pasta with Sausage & Peppers
One Pot Pasta Carbonara
- Add the chopped bacon to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook until crispy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the grease from the skillet, then add the salt and pepper.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and add to the skillet.
- Cover with the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and mix in the parmesan cheese.
- Crack the 2 eggs on top.
- Place the lid back on the skillet and continue cooking for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and separate the pasta onto two plates, each topped with an egg.
- Top with chopped chives and red pepper flakes, if desired.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.