This post may contain affiliate links.
Homemade spinach pesto is a quick, easy, gluten free & healthy sauce made in just 5 minutes! Perfect for tossing on top of pizza, pasta, eggs or salad!
There are five things you’ll always find in my refrigerator: pesto, hummus, buffalo sauce, eggs and champagne. You know, all the necessities!
I’m a huge fan of making a big batch of pesto at the beginning of the week and putting it in basically everything I cook for the remainder of the week.
It’s great on pasta, pizza, sweet potatoes, eggs, potato salads, pasta salads and so on and so on!
If you’re a pesto fan, I’d definitely recommend checking out some of my other pesto creations:
- The Superfood: Kale Pesto
- The Whitney Favorite: Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- The Classic: Basil Pesto
- The Vegan and Paleo: Walnut Sage Pesto
- The Decadent: Arugula Walnut Blue Cheese Pesto
My latest pesto creation came from the simple fact that I purchased one of those huge bags of baby spinach at the grocery store and was trying to figure out what to do with it all before it went bad.
Ding! Pesto! I packed 4 cups of spinach into this pesto recipe and have been adding it to everything I’ve made this week!
Spinach Pesto Ingredients
- 4 cups spinach (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan
Spinach Pesto Instructions
Add the spinach, garlic and cashews to a blender or food processor.
** Note: I LOVE garlic (like maybe a little bit too much), but if you’re not as much of a garlic lover, you can cut the amount of cloves in half for a less “garlic-y” pesto.
Blend for 5-10 seconds.
Add the salt, pepper and olive oil, blend until all of the ingredients have been incorporated.
Add the parmesan cheese and pulse for 5-10 seconds to combine.
Presto! You have pesto!
My new favorite use for this spinach pesto is on top of scrambled eggs with tomatoes, garlic, spinach and mushrooms.
I made that almost every day this week for breakfast, topped it off with a little extra parmesan and OMG, it was so delicious!
Try this spinach pesto in these delicious recipes!
- Italian Polenta Ground Turkey Casserole
- Instant Pot Pesto Risotto
- Pesto Chicken Spinach Salad
- One Pot Vegetarian Pesto Tortellini
- Gluten Free Mushroom Spinach Pesto Pasta
- Add the spinach, garlic and cashews to a blender or food processor.
- Blend for 5-10 seconds.
- Add the salt, pepper and olive oil, blend until all of the ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add the parmesan cheese and pulse for 5-10 seconds to combine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.