One Pot Vegetarian Pesto Tortellini
This post may contain affiliate links.
Fresh veggies, tortellini pasta, pesto, cheese & sun dried tomatoes make up this creamy vegetarian pesto tortellini recipe. It’s made in one pot, in just 20 minutes, for an easy weeknight meal!
Let me tell you about my love of one pot meals. It’s a great love, a love that can only come from the fact that I absolutely hate doing dishes! One pot meals allow me to wash just one dish at the end of preparing the meal. Yes, please!
But let’s be honest, one pot pasta dishes are always a fan favorite! This One Pot Greek Pasta is a huge hit on the blog. It’s so flavorful, you’ll want to make it every week! And this One Pot Cajun Pasta is always a fun way to spice up a weeknight dinner!
Now when it comes to finding the perfect vegetarian one pot meal, this Vegetarian Tortellini recipe is where it’s at! Creamy cheeses, combined with sun dried tomato pesto make an amazing sauce to toss with the cheesy tortellini and fresh veggies.
This vegetarian tortellini is one of my favorite recipes of all time and I keep it in regular rotation on Meatless Mondays! It’s an easy dinner to make and clean up!
How to make Pesto Tortellini
Heat olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat. Saute mushrooms, garlic and spinach in the olive oil. Add fresh cheese tortellini, vegetable broth and oregano.
Bring to a simmer. Cover the skillet, reduce heat to low and cook for 7-8 minutes.
Remove the lid. At this time there should be some liquid left in the pan. Add the sun dried tomato pesto, cream cheese and grated parmesan cheese to the pan. Mix with the remaining liquid to make the sauce.
Continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes longer to allow the cheese to melt and the ingredients in the sauce to combine.
Remove from the heat, top with sun dried tomatoes and serve. Feel free to also grate a little fresh parmesan cheese on top and add fresh chopped basil, if you’d like!
Can this recipe be made with frozen tortellini?
Yes! I always keep refrigerated cheese tortellini in the freezer to have on hand to make my favorite tortellini recipes. You only need to add one extra minute to the cooking time when cooking the tortellini from the freezer.
How many calories are in pesto tortellini?
This pesto tortellini recipe is 490 calories per serving. The entire recipe makes 4 servings.
What goes good with Pesto Tortellini?
This pesto tortellini is filling on it’s own or you can serve it with salad and bread on the side. A crispy baguette is great for dipping into the creamy pesto sauce!
For more delicious One Pot Pasta recipes, check out these 5 favorites!
- Creamy One Pot Vegetarian Tortellini Soup
- Easy One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- One Pot Buffalo Taco Spaghetti
- 20 Minute One Pot Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Tortellini
- One Pot Italian Sausage Shells and Cheese
One Pot Vegetarian Pesto Tortellini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 12 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped - or 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¾ cup sun dried tomato pesto, click link for homemade recipe
- 2 oz cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, saute 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spinach, saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tortellini, vegetable broth and oregano, stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, cook 7-8 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomato pesto, cream cheese and parmesan cheese, stir until the cheese melts into the dish, allow to cook on low for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with the sun dried tomatoes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.