Slow Cooker Kale Turkey Soup
This post may contain affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Kale Turkey Soup is made with white beans and lean ground turkey. It’s a healthy, gluten free recipe that’s easy to make in a crock pot!
Crock pot soups are my jam! They’re so easy to toss together in the morning and such a delicious dinner to come home to!
Taco Soup is one of my childhood favorites, that I continue to make over and over again! And Kurt requests this French Onion Meatball Soup almost every week. But when it comes to a soup that’s light and flavorful, this Turkey Kale Soup is my go-to!
Lean ground turkey, fresh kale, diced onions and cannellini beans keep this soup light and healthy. While oregano, fennel seeds, garlic, salt and pepper add delicious flavor!
Serving this soup with a warm and crusty baguette for dipping is totally optional, but highly recommended!
How to make Kale Turkey Soup
Add olive oil to a large skillet on the stove. Cook onion, garlic and ground turkey together for 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Add cannellini beans, chicken broth, kale, oregano and fennel seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
Serve the soup as a side dish or entree. Feel free to grate a little fresh parmesan cheese on top!
How many calories are in Kale Soup?
This Kale Turkey Soup recipe is 283 calories per serving. Each serving of soup is approximately 2 1/2 cups.
Is Kale Soup healthy?
Kale Soup is loaded with protein, potassium and vitamins, while low in fat and calories.
Each serving of soup contains 37 grams of protein, 839 mg potassium, 101% vitamin A and 98% vitamin C.
Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. It’s loaded with antioxidants and can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk or heart disease.
Adding kale to soup is a healthy and delicious way to get your daily vitamins!
Looking for more healthy ways to cook with Kale? Try these popular recipes!
- Roasted Butternut Squash Spinach Kale Salad
- Kale Pesto
- Tomato Kale Polenta Skillet
- Grilled Tomato & Kale Salad
- Roasted Garlic & Kale Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Butternut Squash & Crispy Kale
Kale Turkey Soup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, ground with mortar and pestle
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated - optional topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and ground turkey, cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the beans, chicken broth and kale.
- Add the oregano, fennel, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve the soup topped with parmesan cheese, if you'd like.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
3 Comments on “Slow Cooker Kale Turkey Soup”
So yummy! I added 3 sweet potatoes to make it a little heartier. Almost skipped the fennel, but I’m glad I didn’t!
Love the addition of sweet potatoes! Thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you so much for such a great post and all of your amazing support of Wonderbag!!