Whole30 Hamburgers are healthy, packed with protein, and gluten free, they’re wrapped in lettuce and topped with a sesame scallion sauce for a flavorful meal!
One of the most important aspects of the Whole30 diet is paying attention to labels and buying the best 100% grass-fed, organic meats whenever possible.
During “Whole30 March” I’ve relied on my friends at ButcherBox to fill my fridge with grass-fed beef, free range organic chicken and Whole30 approved bacon.
If you’re not familiar, ButcherBox is a high quality meat subscription service that delivers your choice of beef, chicken, pork, or a combination of meats, right to your door every 30 or 60 days! You can also add items like burgers, uncured sugar free bacon (that’s Whole30 approved and paleo!) and breakfast sausage.
I received my first ButcherBox two years ago, in April 2016, and have been hooked ever since!
I used the ground beef I received in my most recent box to create these delicious Whole30 hamburgers.
How To Make Whole30 Hamburgers with Sesame Scallion Sauce
The inspiration for the sesame scallion sauce came from my sister-in-laws mom, who posted a similar recipe on Facebook. The recipe looked delicious and I knew I could easily make it Whole30 by eliminating the sugar and subbing the soy sauce with coconut aminos.
Now I know you have questions.
What are coconut aminos?
Coconut Aminos is a rich, salty, slightly sweet sauce made from coconut sap. It’s similar to soy sauce and tamari and is gluten free. It’s a great substitute for soy sauce, for those on the Whole30 or Paleo diet.
Where are coconut aminos in the grocery store?
Coconut aminos can be found in the grocery store right next to the soy sauce. Can’t find them in your local grocery store? Grab a bottle of coconut aminos online.
Once you have your coconut aminos, mix it with coconut oil, sesame oil and scallions to make the sauce. For the Whole30 hamburgers, mix the grass-fed ground beef with salt, pepper and ginger, then grill them up. Heat the sauce and pour it over the grilled burgers, then wrap the burgers in lettuce leaves. Easy as that, dinner is on the table!
Fill up your Whole30 meal plan with these 7 Whole30 Recipes made with Chicken, Bacon & Pork from my March ButcherBox!
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Skewers
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
- Tomato Basil Chicken Skewers
- Garlic Herb Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Grilled Cajun Chicken with Bell Pepper Slaw
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Mediterranean Chicken Skewers
Until March 31, 2018, sign up for Butcher Box at this link and you’ll receive free filet mignons, bacon AND $10 off your first box. Bacon wrapped filets?! Yes, please!
Whole30 Hamburgers with Sesame Scallion Sauce
- Combine the scallions, coconut oil, sesame oil and coconut aminos in a small bowl. Let sit uncovered while preparing the rest of the dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, grated ginger, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
Grill the burgers over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, flipping once after 4-5 minutes.
- While the burgers are grilling, heat the scallion mixture in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove the burgers from the grill, place in lettuce leaves and top with the scallion mixture.