Breakfast Taco Hash
This post may contain affiliate links.
This skillet breakfast hash is a healthy, easy recipe made with turkey sausage, tons of veggies and taco seasoning, prepared in under 45 minutes!
Thank you to my friends at Jennie-O for sponsoring today’s post!
When it comes to kicking up the flavor of my breakfast recipes, while still keeping them healthy, I always turn to Jennie-O Turkey Sausage!
Today, I’m adding it to a traditional breakfast hash with a twist! The twist? Taco Seasoning!
How to make Breakfast Hash
Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced potatoes, onions, red bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic and taco seasoning. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
Add turkey sausage to the skillet, crumble with a spatula and cook with the hash for an additional 15 minutes.
What to serve with Breakfast Hash
I like to serve shredded pepper jack cheese or crumbled queso fresco, diced avocado, cilantro, tomatoes and hot sauce with this breakfast hash. Everyone can then top the hash with their choice of toppings!
You can also serve a fried egg or scrambled eggs on top of the hash or on the side.
Since it is a taco hash, you can also serve tortillas on the side and easily turn this breakfast hash into breakfast tacos!
How many calories are in a Breakfast Hash?
This breakfast hash is 369 calories per serving, making it a low calorie option for breakfast.
Is this Breakfast Hash gluten free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free. Jennie-O Turkey Sausage is gluten free and the homemade taco seasoning used in this recipe is also gluten free.
Looking for more healthy turkey recipes to eat throughout the week? Try these 5 favorites!
- Whole30 Turkey Taco Salad
- Greek Turkey Stuffed Zucchini
- Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Greek Turkey Tacos
- Turkey Chili Spaghetti Squash
Made it and loved it? Rate the recipe 5 stars below! ↓
Breakfast Taco Hash
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, small dice
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning, click link for homemade recipe
- 16 oz Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Sausage
- Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Avocado, diced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Hot Sauce
- Add the olive oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat on the stove.
- Once the oil is heated, add the potatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic and taco seasoning.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Jennie-O Turkey Sausage and use a spatula to crumble the sausage and stir into the hash.
- Continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve with the optional toppings of your choice.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.