Spicy Buffalo Macaroni Salad
This post may contain affiliate links.
This easy Spicy Macaroni Salad recipe gives a flavorful kick to a classic pasta salad with the addition of jalapenos, cayenne pepper & buffalo sauce!
This spicy macaroni salad recipe was originally posted on the blog in May 2012 when the Bond family threw a BBQ for Memorial Day Weekend. The post has since been updated with shiny new photos and a fancy little video!
It was the first time I cooked original recipes from the blog for my friends and family in Oklahoma. The cooking experience was made even more excellent because I had a lot of help. My Dad was my sous chef, my Brother was my dishwasher and my Mom and Aunt were my taste-testers.
Pretty sure my Mom and Aunt got the best jobs in the house, but I was very grateful to everyone for their help!
The menu consisted of a couple of new recipes, a favorite recipe from the blog and Dad’s famous Oklahoma BBQ Brisket Sliders!
Check out the delicious menu below!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Sweet Potato Jalapeño Fritters w/Sweet Jalapeño Sauce
- Pineapple Prosciutto Goat Cheese Wraps w/Honey-Mint Lime Glaze
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Berry Cream Fillo Baskets
- Dad’s Smoked Brisket
- Spicy Macaroni Salad (recipe below)
Everything on the menu except the dessert was gluten-free and half of the menu was vegetarian!
Ingredients you’ll need
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni noodles
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/2 red onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeño (de-seeded and diced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup peperoncinis (chopped)
Step by step instructions
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the macaroni noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Prepare the salad dressing by combining the greek yogurt, vinegar and buffalo sauce. Add the chili powder, cayenne pepper and crushed garlic.
Chop the tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro and peperoncinis.
Place the cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl and add the chopped vegetables.
Add the dressing.
Mix well then place in the refrigerator to chill for one hour.
Remove at BBQ time and serve.
This recipe is not for the faint of heart! If you’re looking to tone down the spice level a notch, cut the amount of cayenne pepper, chili powder and jalapeños in half.
More side dishes to try
Be sure to add one or two of these side dish recipes to your next BBQ menu!
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Jicama Slaw
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint
- Easy 10 Minute Broccoli Salad
Spicy Macaroni Salad
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the macaroni noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining the greek yogurt, vinegar, buffalo sauce, chili powder, cayenne pepper and crushed garlic in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place the cooked macaroni in a large mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro and pepperoncinis.
- Add the dressing.
- Mix well then place in the refrigerator to chill for one hour.
- Remove at BBQ time and serve.
- Vegan Option: Replace the greek yogurt with Veganaise, Vegan mayonnaise.
- Gluten Free Option: This recipe is gluten-free when made with gluten-free pasta, such as corn or brown rice pasta.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.