Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links.
Roasted sweet potatoes are tossed in flavorful spices and caramelized with sweet honey in this can’t-miss side dish! This super easy recipe pairs perfectly with Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin or Smoked Turkey Breast.
It’s easy enough to pair with a weeknight meal, but impressive enough to serve with Thanksgiving dinner! Throw out the marshmallows and make this your new go-to sweet potato side dish!
Today’s post is sponsored by my friends at Vons.
The holiday season is upon us and that means it’s time to load up on all of the delicious side dish recipes! While the main dish gets most of the love at Thanksgiving or holiday meals, I’m all about the sides!
From Creamed Corn to Sweet Potato Stuffing, I’m obsessed with delicious side dishes. While Sweet Potato Casserole is a classic holiday side dish, this year I invite you to switch it up with these Honey Glazed Sweet Potatoes.
They have everything you love about sweet potato casserole. They’re sweet, scrumptious and packed with fall flavors! But they’re also healthy!
Sweet potatoes are packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. And they’re tossed with coconut oil, which not only tastes great, but is also a healthy fat, and a great dairy-free alternative to cooking with butter.
In addition to being totally tasty and healthy, these roasted sweet potatoes are easy to make! It only takes 5 minutes to prep the sweet potatoes and 15 minutes to roast them. While I’m excited to serve these sweet potatoes at my Thanksgiving feast, I’m most excited that I can serve them year-round! This super simple side dish is easy enough to whip up for a weeknight dinner anytime.
Table of contents
Ingredients you’ll need
- Sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- Ground cinnamon
- Black pepper
- Parchment paper – you can also use foil, but make sure it’s non-stick.
Step by step instructions
It only takes three simple steps to make these incredible oven roasted sweet potatoes!
- Prep the sweet potatoes & preheat the oven. Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Season the sweet potatoes. Add the sweet potatoes to a large bowl with the melted coconut oil, honey, ground cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss to coat the diced sweet potatoes.
- Roast the sweet potatoes. Arrange the sweet potato cubes in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Quick Tip! Be sure to roast the sweet potatoes on parchment paper. The honey will caramelize around the sweet potatoes as they roast and without the parchment paper, the potatoes will stick right to the sheet pan and leave you with a sticky mess!
What to serve with them
These sweet potatoes are both a delicious side dish for weeknight meals and holiday dinners. Try them with one of these main dishes!
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast – perfect for a small Thanksgiving dinner or weeknight meal anytime!
- Sous Vide Turkey Breast – say hello to super tender, juicy turkey with this easy sous vide recipe!
- Roasted Butternut Squash Spinach Kale Salad – just follow me with this one, replace the roasted butternut squash on this salad, with these roasted sweet potatoes. Bam! You have a wonderful salad, that can be eaten as a holiday side dish or weeknight entree!
- Rosemary Sage Pork Skewers – the apple and sage on these skewers, pairs perfectly with these honey glazed sweet potatoes!
- Chipotle Apple Pork Loin – made in a slow cooker or sous vide, this pork recipe, paired with these sweet potatoes will give you all the fall feels!
Tips and tricks
- To make this recipe vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.
- To reheat this recipe, place the sweet potatoes in a foil packet and into a 350°F oven for 10 minutes. The leftovers will stay good in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- This recipe serves 4 people as a side dish. Want to serve more? In the recipe card below, next to servings, you can slide the number from 4 servings, down to 2 or up to 20! The ingredients will automatically adjust in the recipe to tell you how much you’ll need for the number of people you’re serving.
Don’t forget to grab all of the Signature SELECT and O Organics products to make this recipe at your local Vons! Or find these products in your area exclusively at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME Markets, Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
All O Organics products are offered at a great value compared to leading national organic brands. And with so many O Organic products to choose from, it makes eating organic over the holidays easy and affordable!
Try USDA Certified Organic O Organics products exclusively at Albertsons Companies family of stores and online. VISIT www.vons.com/exclusivebrands.
More sweet potato recipes
Looking for more easy sweet potato recipes to try this fall? Look no further than these 5 popular posts!
- Thai Peanut Sweet Potato Quinoa Buddha Bowls
- Sweet Potato Skins with Sage Pesto and Bacon
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Raviolis
- Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons O Organics Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons Signature SELECT Honey
- 1 teaspoon Signature SELECT Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Signature SELECT Black Pepper
- Signature SELECT Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add the peeled and cubed sweet potatoes, melted coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, salt and pepper to a large bowl and toss to coat the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Be sure to line the baking sheet with parchment paper! The honey will caramelize around the sweet potatoes and you’ll have a sticky mess if you don’t line the baking sheet.
- Maple syrup can be used in place of honey to make this recipe vegan.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.