5 Ingredient Italian Meatball Soup
This post may contain affiliate links.
With just 5 ingredients, in 29 minutes, whip up this quick and easy Italian Meatball Soup recipe. Perfect for weeknight dinners in a hurry and guaranteed to become a new family favorite!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vons. All opinions are 100% mine.
When it comes to weeknight dinners, some days you just need something quick, easy and effortless! This meatball soup is just that.
With 5 minutes of prep time and 25 minutes of cook time, this recipe couldn’t be easier to whip up in a hurry! It only requires 5 ingredients, which means it’s both easy to make and easy on the budget.
I used Signature SELECT™️ Frozen Italian Meatballs from Vons as the base of this recipe. They’re delicious and key to making this recipe so easy to make!
For the base of the soup, I used a jar of O Organics®️ Marinara Sauce and Signature SELECT Beef Broth. This creates a flavorful soup base, perfect for simmering those delicious meatballs! I added white beans and parmesan cheese to finish off the soup with added flavor and texture.
All in all, this soup is a weeknight WIN, made possible with delicious, high-quality and affordable ingredients from Vons!
What You’ll Need
- Signature SELECT Frozen Italian Style Pork and Beef Meatballs
- O Organics Marinara Sauce – you can also use your favorite flavor of pasta sauce. I love O Organics Tomato Basil and Roasted Garlic varieties!
- Signature SELECT Beef Broth
- O Organics Great Northern Beans
- Lucerne®️Grated Parmesan Cheese
Step by Step Instructions
- Create the base of the soup. Add marinara sauce and beef broth to a large saucepan on the stove. Bring to a rapid simmer.
- Add the meatballs and beans. Add the frozen meatballs directly into the simmering soup. Drain and rinse the can of beans and add them to the soup.
- Simmer the soup. Cover the soup, reduce the heat on the stove to medium and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Finish the soup. Use a ladle to spoon the soup into bowls and top with the grated parmesan cheese.
This soup is meant to be quick and easy with just 5 simple ingredients. However, there are so many ways that you can make it your own with these yummy additions!
Add some veggies into the mix, pasta or more cheese. With or without any of these additions, you’re going to love this easy meatball soup recipe!
- Spinach – stir in 3-4 cups of fresh spinach during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Onions, Carrots and Celery – also known as mirepoix, these veggies make a delicious addition to the soup. Start the recipe by adding 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large saucepan on the stove. Add 1/2 cup each, diced onions, carrots and celery, saute over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes. Add the marinara sauce and beef broth and continue to follow the recipe as instructed.
- Pasta – small shells, mini penne, farfalle or macaroni noodles can all be added to this soup at the same time as the meatballs and beans. I recommend adding one cup of dried pasta to the soup.
- Mozzarella Cheese – for a soup that features some over-the-top cheesy goodness, spoon the soup into oven-safe bowls, then top each bowl with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Place the bowls under the broiler in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted over the top. You’ve now created a meatball parmesan soup, YUM!
- Red Pepper Flakes – spice up this meatball soup by sprinkling red pepper flakes on top at the end!
- Mushrooms and Garlic – start the recipe by adding 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large saucepan on the stove over medium high heat. Add 8 ounces sliced baby bella or white button mushrooms and 3-4 minced cloves of garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes, then add the marinara sauce and beef broth. Continue with the recipe as instructed.
- Frozen Vegetables – add three ingredients in one by adding one cup of California Style frozen vegetables to the soup. This frozen vegetable combination includes broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Simply add the frozen vegetables during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
What to Serve with Meatball Soup
This meatball soup can be served on it’s own for a quick and easy meal. Or toss together one of these delicious bread recipes for dipping in the soup!
Where to Find The Best Ingredients
I found everything I needed to make this recipe at my local Vons. You can find O Organics, Lucerne and Signature SELECT Products at Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market and Tom Thumb.
Most days you’ll find me on one of two websites, Pinterest, browsing for fall wardrobe inspiration, or Vons.com, placing my next Grocery Delivery or Drive Up & Go™ order. I love the convenience that both of these options offer! If I’m out and about, I can swing by Vons and have all of my groceries brought right out to the car. For the days I’m staying at home, it’s so nice to have my groceries delivered right to my front door!
I love shopping at Vons because I know I’ll always find high quality products at affordable prices. Not to mention, I’m obsessed with their exclusive line of products including O Organics, Open Nature®️, Signature SELECT and Lucerne. It’s the place to go when I want to fill my kitchen with all of my favorite pantry staples!
Looking for more easy soup inspiration? Cozy up to these comforting soup recipes!
- Chai Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
- Easy Roasted Tomato Soup
- Pasta Fagioli Soup – with Gluten Free, Instant Pot and Slow Cooker options!
- 30 Minute Sweet Potato Soup
- Tomato Basil Gnocchi Soup
- Thai Coconut Potsticker Soup – fan favorite!
- Slow Cooker French Onion Meatball Soup
Italian Meatball Soup
- 25 ounce O Organics Marinara Sauce
- 3 cups Signature SELECT Beef Broth
- 24 ounce Signature SELECT Italian Meatballs, frozen
- 15 ounce O Organics Great Northern Beans, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup Lucerne Parmesan cheese, grated
- Add the marinara sauce and beef broth to a large saucepan on the stove over high heat.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the meatballs and beans.
- Cover and reduce the heat to medium, cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid and serve the soup in bowls, topped with parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: Each serving contains 1 cup of soup and 4 meatballs.
- Slow Cooker Option: Set the slow cooker to high, add the marinara sauce, beef broth, meatballs and beans, stir to combine everything. Leave the slow cooker on high heat to cook for 3-4 hours. Or reduce the heat to low and cook for 8 hours.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.