Gluten free, slow cooker Greek Turkey Soup packs a ton of flavor in a healthy dish! It’s easy to make in a crockpot with ground turkey, sun dried tomatoes, spinach & chickpeas!
I’m a big fan of putting a little Greek flavor into my recipes. These Greek Crescent Rolls are a must-make appetizer.
Greek food is a type of Mediterranean cuisine and therefore focuses on fresh vegetables, olive oil, pasta and herbs. You’ll find lemon juice, oregano, onions and tomatoes in most greek dishes, including this Greek Turkey Soup!
A serving of this soup is only 461 calories and packs in 44 grams of protein! And one serving can easily be eaten as a meal.
This soup is delicious reheated. Toss it in the crockpot on Sunday or Monday, then eat it throughout the week for a healthy, delicious meal!
How to Make Turkey Soup in a Crock Pot
Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on the stove over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook through, then transfer to a slow cooker. Add chickpeas, sun dried tomatoes, capers and spinach to the slow cooker.
Pour chicken broth or chicken stock into the slow cooker, then add lemon zest, lemon juice, dried oregano salt and pepper.
Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
I used my new Calphalon Sauté Slow Cooker to make this recipe. It’s so cool! The cooking pot can actually be used on the stove.
I was able to cook the onion, garlic and ground turkey in the pot on the stove. I then transferred the pot straight to the slow cooker to add the other ingredients. Less dishes = happy Whitney!
Is turkey soup gluten free?
Yes, this turkey soup recipe is gluten free.
Is turkey soup low carb?
This ground turkey soup recipe contains 58 carbs per serving. Omit the sun dried tomatoes and the carb count goes down to 24 carbs per serving. This makes it a great option as part of a low carb diet.
How long will turkey soup last in the fridge?
This soup will last for 5-7 days in the refrigerator. You can reheat the soup in a pot on the stove over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. You can also reheat the soup in the microwave for 2 minutes.
Looking for more delicious soup recipes? Try these 6 dishes!
- Crock Pot Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker French Onion Meatball Soup
- Thai Coconut Potsticker Soup
- Gluten Free Pasta Fagioli Soup
- Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 30 Minute Sweet Potato Soup
Healthy Greek Turkey Soup
Gluten free, slow cooker Greek Turkey Soup packs a ton of flavor in a healthy dish! It's easy to make in a crockpot with ground turkey, sun dried tomatoes, spinach & chickpeas!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 8.5 oz sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 7 oz jar capers
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, saute 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook through.
- Place the turkey in a large crock pot.
- Add the chickpeas, sun dried tomatoes and capers.
- Add the spinach, then pour the chicken broth over the top.
- Zest the lemon into the soup.
- Add the lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high 2-3 hours.
Vegetarian Option: Add an extra can of chickpeas as a substitute for the turkey, or add 1 lb. of diced vegetables. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.