One Pot Turkey Taco Soup
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ground turkey and three kinds of beans are added to one pot to make this protein packed, easy and healthy turkey taco soup recipe, made in only 29 minutes!
Todays post is sponsored by my friends at USA Pulses & Pulse Canada!
I don’t know about y’all, but this time of year, I’m always looking for healthy weeknight meals to throw in amongst the weekend holiday parties filled with cheese plates, cookies and cocktails!
Since this is also the busiest time of the year, I’m also looking for meals that are quick and easy! This One Pot Turkey Taco Soup happens to fit the bill for both a healthy meal, that’s also quick and easy!
This soup is filled with pulses… I know what you’re thinking, “wait a minute Whitney, what are pulses?” Pulses are the delicious, protein-packed, sustainable foods known as dry peas, chickpeas, lentils and beans. I’m sure your pantry is filled with pulses, you just didn’t know that’s what they were called!
For this recipe, I incorporated black beans, pinto beans and kidney beans into the turkey taco soup. Each bowl of this taco soup contains over a 1⁄2 cup serving of pulses, which adds a ton of nutrients to this already healthy recipe.
If you’re looking for other simple ways to eat healthier, visit pulses.org and sign up for the Half-Cup Habit. You’ll quickly see how easy it is to add a 1⁄2 cup serving of pulses to your diet just 3 times per week for added nutrients.
You can also check out these 5 recipe favorites featuring pulses to add to your weekly healthy dinner menu!
- Greek Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas
- One Pot Vegan Mexican Freekeh with Kidney Beans
- Healthy Greek Turkey Soup with Chickpeas
- Crock Pot Three Bean Taco Vegan Chili with Pinto Beans, Kidney Beans & Black Beans
- One Pot Mediterranean Sausage & Lentils
One Pot Turkey Taco Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 30 oz diced tomatoes with jalapeños, 3 - 10 oz cans
- 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning, click link for homemade taco seasoning recipe
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add the olive oil to a large pot or dutch oven on the stove over medium high heat.
- Add the red onion and ground turkey, cook 6-7 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add the diced tomatoes with jalapenos, diced green chilies, black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, corn and taco seasoning.
- Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the optional toppings of your choice.
- The nutritional information provided does not include the optional toppings and is calculated using extra lean ground turkey.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.