Peach Basil Moscow Mule
This post may contain affiliate links.
For a refreshing variation on a classic Moscow Mule cocktail, try this Peach Basil Moscow Mule recipe! It combines peach vodka, fresh basil & lemon juice for a delicious drink!
One sip of this delicious cocktail and you’ll be hooked! The fresh flavors of peach and basil make this the perfect summer cocktail.
A classic Moscow Mule is made with just 3 ingredients, vodka, ginger beer and lime juice. For this recipe, I put my own spin on the classic! I swapped out traditional vodka for peach vodka, lime juice for lemon juice and added fresh basil leaves.
While today’s Moscow Mule is most commonly made with lime juice, the original Moscow Mule was actually created with lemon juice. So I guess you could say I’m just throwing it back old school in this peach basil variation of the drink!
Table of contents
Step by step instructions
To make individual cocktails, here’s what to do:
- Fill four glasses with ice cubes. Preferably copper mugs, but other cocktail glasses will work.
- Pour in the ingredients. Add vodka, ginger beer and fresh squeezed lemon juice to each glass.
- Finish with freshness. Throw in a couple pieces of fresh basil & stir to combine all of the ingredients.
These peach vodka mules are so delicious, you’re going to want to make a pitcher to share with all your friends!
To make a pitcher of moscow mules, follow these steps:
- Combine peach vodka and ginger beer in a large plastic or glass pitcher. Make sure the pitcher will hold over 72 ounces.
- Add fresh squeezed lemon juice and fresh basil. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover the pitcher if it’s going to be more than an hour.
- To serve, add ice to copper mugs, then pour the mule from the pitcher into the mugs. Do not add ice to the pitcher or it will water down your Moscow Mules.
The pitcher recipe will make 8 (8 oz) drinks. Most copper mugs hold 16 oz, after filling with ice, the mug will hold approximately 8-12 oz liquid.
Frequently asked questions
- Why does a moscow mule need to be in a copper cup? Copper mugs have now become known as Moscow Mule mugs because they keep the Moscow Mule icy cold. The metal takes on the cold temperature of the drink and keeps it chilled longer than a traditional cocktail glass.
- Is there alcohol in ginger beer? Most ginger beer is non-alcoholic. This makes it easy to create a virgin Moscow Mule. To make this recipe non-alcoholic, sub the peach vodka for peach juice. Peach juice can be found refrigerated near orange juice at the grocery store or non-refrigerated with the other juices.
- What is the difference between Ginger Beer and Ginger Ale? Ginger ale is always non-alcoholic, where as ginger beer sometimes contains alcohol. Ginger ale is sweet and more carbonated, but ginger beer has a stronger ginger flavor. This makes ginger beer spicier and less sweet than ginger ale.
What is the best ginger beer?
I’ve made many Moscow Mules over the years, trying many different brands of ginger beer. Here are my top 5 favorites.
- Q Ginger Beer – Albertsons & Safeway stores carry this brand, which is where I first picked up a bottle. It’s now also sold at Target. It has a bright, crispy, gingery flavor that I love! It’s also non-alcoholic.
- Powell & Mahoney – I used their ginger beer in these Sparkling Grapefruit Gin Mules and it’s always on the top of my ginger beer list. I’ve found it at Safeway stores, Sprouts & Target. They now sell their ginger beer in convenient 12 oz cans for making 2 cocktails at a time. Their ginger beer is also non-alcoholic and they make a blood orange ginger beer that is AMAZING!
- Fever Tree – sold in small 6.8 oz bottles, this award-winning ginger beer is perfect for making just one cocktail at a time. It’s sold at Target, Walmart, World Market, a lot of major grocery stores and online. It is also non-alcoholic.
- Cock N Bull – this brand claims to be the inventor of the Moscow Mule, so of course I have to give them some credit for creating my favorite drink! Their ginger beer can be found in bottles at Total Wine, BevMo, Kroger stores and Safeway stores. It is also non-alcoholic.
- Bundaberg – the thing I like about Bundaberg is that it has nice flavor, it’s inexpensive, easy to find and comes in large bottles, perfect for making a pitcher of Moscow Mules! They also have a diet version for those looking to cut some calories in their drinks. Bundaberg ginger beer is also non-alcoholic.
What to serve with these cocktails
Hosting a big summer bash or a relaxing happy hour? Pair these Peach Basil Moscow Mules with a variety of appetizers, like these blog favorites!
- Pineapple Tomatillo Guacamole
- A variety of Crostinis
- Strawberry Bruschetta
- Low Calorie Charcuterie Board
- Mint Julep Bourbon Chicken Skewers
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
More cocktail recipes to try
Check out these other refreshing cocktail recipes for your next happy hour!
- Lemon Berry Prosecco Sangria – it’s slightly sweet, bubbly and totally delicious! This sangria recipe is perfect for poolside sipping!
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri – you’ll feel like you’re on a tropical vacation when you’re sipping on this simple strawberry daiquiri recipe!
- Watermelon Jalapeno Margaritas – refreshing, slightly sweet & slightly spicy, these margaritas are both flavorful & refreshing!
- Frozen Peach Sangria – if you love the peach flavor in this Moscow Mule, you’re going to die for this Frozen Peach Sangria! It tastes like you just stuck a straw in a sweet, fresh peach!
- Cucumber Mint Vodka Cocktail – this drink is super refreshing and easy to make with just 5 ingredients, in only 5 minutes!
- Paloma – this traditional Mexican cocktail is so refreshing and easy to make with grapefruit juice, tequila and club soda!
Peach Basil Moscow Mule
- Fill four glasses with ice. Preferably copper cups, but any cocktail glass will work.
- Add 2 oz vodka, 6 oz ginger beer & 1 oz lemon juice to each glass.
- Add a couple leaves of fresh basil to each glass.
- Stir all of the ingredients together, then serve.
- Virgin Moscow Mule: to make a non-alcoholic version of this drink, substitute peach juice for the peach vodka. Most ginger beer is non-alcoholic, but always check the labels to be sure.
- Pitcher of Mules: to make this recipe into a pitcher, double all of the ingredients and add them to a pitcher that holds at least 72 ounces. Refrigerate the pitcher of mules until ready to serve. Do not add ice to the pitcher or it will water down the Moscow Mules. Add the ice to the copper mugs or glasses before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.